Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cruise and Rome

The first 2 weeks in June, Chad and I went on vacation to Rome and the Mediterranean. We went with Chad's family for his parents 40th anniversary. We had a really good time. We spent 4 days in Rome visiting a lot of the famous spots--the Colosseum and Forum, Vatican, Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, and a beautiful black sand beach in Ostia. We enjoyed seeing all the sights of Rome but were grateful for some rest by the time we started our cruise. Although we were in port 6 of our 7 days and did a lot of sightseeing it somehow seemed more relaxing than in Rome. Maybe it was the thousands of calories in delicious food and desserts that made the difference. We were able to see the sights of Genoa, Italy; Provence France, Barcelona, Spain, Palma De Mallorca, Spain, and Cagliari, Italy. It was nice to get away for awhile but we were also happy to come back. The kids had fun spending time with Aunt Sarah, Uncle Alan and family and Grandpa and Grandma Hatch. We enjoyed seeing new things, spending time together and with extended family and being waited upon night and day.

WARNING:  The posts that follow this are boring vacation photos and ramblings.  My memory of the trip is already a blurr.  I had to look up the names of some of the cities we visited.  If I don't post it I will never remember it.  I will never ask if you read about my vacation. 

No comments: