As soon as we got off the plane and dropped off our luggage at our hotel we headed to the Colosseum. It is crazy because you come out of the subway and there it is. It was one of our favorite sites of the trip. Our guide spoke English but with a thick Italian accent and it was pouring rain most of the tour so it was a little hard to understand him but what we heard was really interesting. I am glad that I didn't live in these times. I can't believe that the events at the Colosseum were considered fun family entertainment. My kids would have had constant nightmares. I definitely got more out of the Forum tour the following day because our guide was Canadian. It is amazing that these sites are so well preserved amidst the buy modern city. They were still excavating the area.
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment