Friday, August 7, 2009

South Weber Days





































The past couple of years we have tried to get the kids involved in some of the events for South Weber Days. We have done the Little Buckaroo Rodeo in the past but the kids said definitely not this year. Last year Connor got bucked off the sheep so bad that his shoes flew off and his helmet cracked. I guess that was a deterrent. I was a little disappointed because I think it is cute but they decided that they wanted to run in the Kid K (around 3/4 mile run) instead. They have all been anticipating it for a few weeks. They all burst out sprinting. Ashlyn was even pumping her arms. It was equally as cute as the rodeo. Connor and Logan both did great. All three of the kids were bright red (they get that from me). None of the kids placed but I think Connor probably came in about 4th or 5th in his age which was an accomplishment considering he had just got home from and 1 1/2 hour intense football practice. Logan was our shocker. He is such a doddler that I thought Ashlyn might keep up with him. He did really well for his age. He even beat some kids Connor's age. Apparently we should have run with Ashlyn. We debated going with her but one of her friend's dad's was running so we figured she would stick with her friend. I guess she fizzled. She came around the bend running with some other mom who probably wondered what parents let her run it herself. Ashlyn claims she was tired and someone pushed her down. She was holding her side and wasn't very happy. She had been practicing all afternoon and must of run out of energy. I ran the last block with her and she finished. I don't she will ever be as excited to run it again. Maybe they'll add a karaoke to South Weber Days. She'd be all over that. Each of the kids won a prize and got a water bottle and t-shirt so they were all satisfied. Luckily the weather held out during the race because during the awards and prizes the winds picked up and it started pouring. If Ashlyn had been caught in that alone she would have never made it back. Connor also played in a 3 on 3 basketball tournament. Once again it was right after football. He looked pretty tired but he had fun. They came in second. (of course there were only 2 teams). They played the same team 3 times. They won the first game but lost the second two. We decided that kids that age shouldn't play 3 on 3 because they aren't old enough to call fouls. Sometimes it seemed like they were playing football instead of basketball. All of the kids knew each other so they just had fun playing.

No comments: