Today Connor (#89) had his first real game and he played great! He was so excited that he got dressed in full gear 3 hours before the game. They won in overtime. For the most part, he has been playing Offensive Tackle and Defensive End or Defensive Tackle. I would have never guessed that he would be one of the bigger kids on the team. It is South Weber's first year having a team. To make this team big enough they had to allow 2nd graders to play. Some of the kids on his team are pretty small. The line is where he wanted to be. For some crazy reason he loves tackling people. He is much happier this year than last when he played Quarter Back. He played almost the entire game both sides of the ball. I don't know how he made it through it in 100 degree heat. The game was going great until the last play of regulation when 2 kids landed on his right wrist (not the one he broke). One of his coaches was really concerned about it so we took him to Instacare. I wasn't about to look like a neglectful mom again. Luckily the doctor thinks it is just a sprain. I figured that it would be since I rushed him up there. Whenever I rush my kids to the doctor it is never anything. It is only when I wait and see that it turns out bad. His biggest worry was that he would miss the 2 swim parties he has this week. I don't even think it occurred to him that he would have to sit the rest of the season out. We are all happy it wasn't broken!!
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment