Happiest place on earth? I was hoping that now that Ashlyn is 5 that she would have the magical response that the boys had. We entered Disneyland and she was so happy. She patiently waited for Goofy's signature. Yeah! I thought to myself. I even told her that she must have just needed to be a year older to enjoy Disney. But then things turned. She cried most of the way through Buzz Lightyear (our first ride) and pretty much all rides after that. She was patient through lines which was better than last year but she was a bigger wimp than ever before. At amusement parks in the past she has cried when she wasn't tall enough to ride. Now that she is tall enough she cried on almost everything she was able to ride. I came to the realization that she loves the sights at Disneyland but hates the rides. Chad took the boys on the rides they enjoy and Ashlyn and I took in the Disney experience without rides (Toon Town, parades, characters and sights). She did enjoy a few rides: Toy Story Mania (I would have gone on this with her all day if the line hadn't been so long.), the Carousel (this also presents a problem because she always picks a favorite horse and it is usually the horse all the other girls want as well) and Its a Small World.
Even though I was disappointed in her response, I was pleasantly surprised at the lack of crowds. I thought it would be so busy that we wouldn't be able to get on anything but the only long waits were for the princesses (1 hr) and for Toy Story Mania (40 minutes). The boys were able ride everything that they wanted to. Logan is so cute. He loves the big rides but they scare him. He has to work up the courage to go on them but then he giggles the whole time. Connor was finally tall enough to go on every ride. His favorite was the California Screamer roller coaster. Both the boy are willing to go on the Tower of Terror. I rode this once years ago and I will never be going on it again. Despite my rant, we had a fun time. It just might be awhile before we try Disneyland again.

No comments:
Post a Comment