


This process is taking a lot longer than we expected. We hope to enjoy our deck sometime this summer. The builder has had trouble with the trusses. The first two sets that were delivered the truss company built wrong (one with the wrong length, one with the wrong pitch). At one time we had 3 sets of trusses stacked on top of each other in our driveway. The final set are the ones pictured but if you look closely they have additional pieces of wood on top. Apparently we have some weird pitch that our builder has never seen. When he measured he thought it was a 9 pitch but I guess it it a 9 1/2 pitch. He is having to alter them by hand. The weather isn't cooperating either. We have had so much rain this past month. They are hoping to tie into our roof in the next couple of days but it can't rain or we will have a waterfall in our kitchen.

1 comment:
OMGosh! I am so jealous! I want a covered patio so so so so bad!! I even started a fund! Well worth the wait, however long it takes! I am green with envy:)
Post a Comment