Monday, June 22, 2009

MMMM Smores!
















We decided to go camping this past weekend. The kids wanted to go to a real campground--trees and dirt. We wanted to stay close because of the constant rain so we ended up at South Fork. It actually is one of our favorite places because the campsites are really secluded and pretty. After a downpour and hailstorm on the way up we had perfect weather. We had a great time fishing at Causey and Pineview (although we never caught anything). I say we as if I fished. Ashlyn and I plopped ourselves in the water and enjoyed the sun. Logan is our fisherman. He even had fun watching Chad fly fish on the South Fork. He was obsessed with catching a fish (hmm he might be a little like his Dad). Connor fished on and off but he spent more time skipping rocks--not the best thing to do while fishing. Connor's favorite part of the trip was shooting Chad's pellet gun. He told us he is more like Uncle Alan, a hunter rather than a fisherman. Even Ashlyn loves camping. She cried as we pulled out to come home. It always amazes me that such a girly girl princess likes to get wet and dirty. It was fun to get away. We had a great time! We can't wait to go back when Connor's cast is off so we can float the river.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

how fun!!! I wish we lived close to south fork!! your making me homesick.