Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ashlyn's Birthday Party
















Girls may be challenging in many ways but I have to say that their birthday parties are soooo much easier. After waking up Sunday morning with strep throat I was dreading Ashlyn's party. After 3 doses of antibiotic I was able to get out of bed and throw together her party Monday afternoon. We painted nails, made bracelets, decorated bags, played pin the jewel on the crown and of course had cake and ice cream. I forgot to do half of the stuff I planned but the girls favorite part was playing with Ashlyn's gifts. They played so quietly that it was hard to believe we had 5 girls in the house. When the boys have parties it is complete chaos. Next time I am going to buy each girl a Barbie and call it good. Who needs to plan any activities? Ashlyn had so much fun. She said it was the best party she had ever had--noting that this was her first friend party she had ever had.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

She is such a dolly!! Happy Birthday! I agree totally about the girl thing, I didn't realize how quiet and self entertaining girls were until I had a BOY!!